Monday, July 22, 2013

Days Of '47 Frontier Camps and Rodeo - Fun For The Whole Family

Links provided may be from affiliate programs which help support this blog. Thanks for clicking!


Free Pony Rides were a hit!
Friday night we were invited to go and look around the Frontier Camps down at the Energy Arena Solutions and attend the Days Of 47 Rodeo.  We had so much fun!!  My sister is in town so we took 10 of down there including my 87 year old Grandma.  Everyone loved it.
Playing the Guitar

We decided to go around 5:30 and the first stop were the free pony rides.  The kids had huge smiling faces.  We watched some cowboys play the guitar and they even let the kids play with them.  My Grandma loved visiting with the Native American Indians and admiring the beautiful jewelry.  (She has always been a huge fan.)  We couldn't help but, stop at the music.  Grandma loved clapping along and participating while the kids and my sister went on a Free wagon ride around 2 blocks.

We ended the Frontier evening visiting with a group who did the entire pioneer
Waiting for the FREE Wagon ride!
trek. It took them 90 days to complete it.  I couldn't imagine walking across the plains for 90 days.  We also loved looking at the trading booths.  They had a lot of very affordable items.

Grandma loved listening to the music
Then we were off to the Days of '47 Rodeo.  It was the first time for kids to attend a Rodeo and I hadn't been to one in a long time.  They enjoyed it!  My 4 and  year old were well behaved.  My son asked lots of questions I couldn't answer.  Thankfully, someone behind us helped
me out with the answers.

If you are looking to start a new tradition head out to the Frontier Camps they run Monday July 22nd - Wednesday the 24th.  It is free entertainment and lots of tradition.  The fun starts around 2:00 p.m. and the last entertainer goes on at 9:00 p.m.
 
Keep up with the freebies, coupons, discounts, Subscribe Now!

*Please support this site by using the provided links when ordering from your favorite places or printing your coupons. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved