Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Domino's Pizza - Behind the Scenes Look And What I Never Knew

Links provided may be from affiliate programs which help support this blog. Thanks for clicking!
.


I recently had the opportunity to go to Ann Arbor Michigan to have a behind the scenes look at Domino's Pizza.  My whole opinion on Pizza has changed.  I had no idea what the behind the scenes would be like.  I never really thought about where my dough comes from, how it gets to the store or what it takes to make a pizza.  The only thing I knew it was really good.  I love pizza!   I am not good at making it myself.  I don't know about you but, there is something to be said about pizza from a pizza place rather then your oven.

I just wanted to share a little about what I learned about Domino's and about my fun day!  (yes, I even made pizza!  I will get to this in a bit)

First lesson I learned Fresh Not Frozen!  (I had no idea)

We started off with a quick Breakfast  then off the Distribution Supply Chain.  This was fascinating.  Domino's has centrally located the Supply Chain's to deliver everything the store needs from food to cleaning supplies.  That way it is just one place to order.

making the dough
I was fascinated with how they make the dough.  It has the main ingredients you would think of for dough and a few secret ones.  (I didn't even get to know them)  The thing that impressed me the most it has no added perservatives which means  shelf life of 6 days from the time it is made.  That is pretty quick if you ask me.  The Supply Chain we went to visit makes dough 4 times a week.  I was very impressed on how clean and sanitary they keep them.   One thing I found interesting was once they make the dough they keep it in the same temp until they use it at the store to keep it safe for us.  (Just something I never thought of)

Yes I made Pizza!
The test kitchen was a lot of fun and I now  have a lot more respect for the pizza makers of the world.  Lets just say I had to have help with the stretching of my dough to make my delicious pizza.  I learned some tricks.  No thumbs allowed.  It was fun watching the employees play in the test kitchen.  (I even saw a few things that I might be coming out but, my mouth is closed.  Yes, they paid me in pizza LOL)  This was the very kitchen the Artisan Pizza was made in.  Have you tried it yet?  I give it an A.  I do think the testers know what they are doing.  

That is me showing off my pizza (I was very proud)


Lunch!

We sat down and had lunch with the executive team of Domino's.  One thing I was very impressed with is how much they do care about customer service.  They asked us ways to improve when using Twitter or Facebook.  How they should be responding to customer's needs.  We also talked about the Domino's tracker.  If you haven't used this.  It is real!!   I think it is a fun way to know right where your pizza is.  They have new and exciting enhancements coming.  Patrick Doyle CEO of Domino's spoke to us about his beliefs of Domino's.  After meeting with the Domino's Team I have  a lot of respect for what they are trying to do with keeping the customer in the loop. 

The group picture!

All I can say is what a fun and educational trip.  I love learning about companies and how they are growing.  It was such a fun day.  After this trip I have much more respect for the taste of pizza.  I will have to say.  I am a big fan of Domino's.  Not just for the taste but, for the workers that make it the pizza that we love!

Thanks Domino's for such a fun and educational trip!

Keep up with the freebies, coupons, discounts, Subscribe Now!

*Please support this site by using the provided links when ordering from your favorite places or printing your coupons. Thank you!

8 comments:

  1. What a fun behind-the-scenes peek! Looks like you all had a great time. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it and really want some pizza!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is definitely making me hungry! Thanks for sharing the experience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I want to go back! Hopefully we'll meet again on some other random behind the scenes trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great story...makes me hungry for pizza right now! Seriously, I may go online and order one of those new flatbreads.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YEAH - I love pizza - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

 

All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved