Friday, November 19, 2010

Ziplining in Florida - A Must Do!

Links provided may be from affiliate programs which help support this blog. Thanks for clicking!

Doesn't that look like fun?  It was one of my favorite things now.  I loved it!  I can't wait to go back and do it with my husband and my kids.  (kids will have to wait a few years.)

Florida EcoSafaris is definitely not what you picture when you think of Orlando. It's actually about an hour's drive outside of Orlando, in St. Cloud and it's BEAUTIFUL! This is a 4700 acre eco-ranch and wildlife conservation area. This area boasts 9 Florida ecosystems ranging from pine flatwoods to marsh and cypress domes. It is home to alligators, black bears, deer, the endangered Florida Panther and over 200 species of birds.

They offer everything from ziplining to horseback riding to coach safari ride and plenty of walking grounds where you see cows, bulls, horses, a small petting zoo, and a pond with gators.

When we arrived, we were weighed (privately - thank goodness) and broken up into three groups. I was in the first group so I didn't have much time to get scared.  

The hardest part was taking that first step, but I'm so glad that I did because it was the time of my life! We ziplined on 7 different zips, each with a different view of the landscape (one was over a 13 foot alligator) and walked across 2 suspension bridges. It was more fun than I ever imagined and I would do it again in a second. If you get the chance, DO IT.

Then we were done we were treated to a fantastic down-home BBQ lunch.  I was starving and it was delicious.
*Fact* Ziplining is the gentlest way to experience nature. There are no vehicle fumes or damage to the land while you're soaring in the air.

Keep up with the freebies, coupons, discounts, Subscribe Now!

1 comment:

  1. The ziplining DOES look like so much fun. I wish I would have been able to try! I have zip lined before and it was a great experience!!

    ReplyDelete

 

All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved