Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Tillamook Giveaway - One Of My Favorite Brands #ILoveCheese

Links provided may be from affiliate programs which help support this blog. Thanks for clicking!

Growing up we ate a ton of cheese!  I was taught cheese goes on anything and everything.  One other thing my mom taught me is it is ok to be brand selective in a few areas.  Dairy products is one of is one are I am picky about.  My mom taught me we use Tillamook cheese!  It goes the best on grilled cheese sandwich's and my mom's style Mac N Cheese.  I recently was able to get to know a little about Tillamook by going to the zoo for the Love Loaf Tour and a fun  Girls Night Blogger event at Squatters. 

If you want to see where Tillamook is available near you go here and put in your zip code.

My brother and his girlfriend (love her) showing off some of the goodies from the zoo!
The zoo was so much fun!  We were given little goodies and got to visit the animals.  My kids loved the new exhibit and it was even better because we got to go with my sister who was in town and my brother's girl friend (who was also visiting.)  My kids sure loved hanging with their cousins and Katherine.

Fun at the zoo
Then a few nights later I was off to the Girls Night Out Event at Squatters.  It was so much fun.  The food was amazing.  We went to Squatters and they paired the cheese with beer.  I will tell you I sure tried some amazing cheeses and beer.  Then we were treated to a yummy dinner.  I learned so much about both companies.  I fell in love with the Vintage cheese.  I even took some home for my husband to try and he loved the Pepperjack. Here is a little about the Tillamook cheese:

Tillamook Cheddar is an American cheese that is made from cow's milk. The cheese is made using milk that has been heat-treated rather than pasteurized, a process that allows some of the bacteria essential for producing top quality Cheddar to be retained. According to its texture, it ranks among hard cheeses and is also suitable for vegetarians. Tillamook Cheddar is either white or annatto-coloured and is sold in blocks. It is a table cheese but could be used for grating, grilling or baking.  




yummy cheese!
Eating and learning!
This burger hit the spot!

I also learned a ton about Squatters I never knew.  They try and use all local!  I am so impressed with them.  I have been a few times since. 

After getting to know a few of the Tillamook workers I want to go and take a tour of the factory.  I am thinking maybe a weekend trip.

Did you know that Tillamook has more then cheese?  Who knew.  They have yogurt, ice cream, sour cream and butter.   I definitely found one of my new favorite yogurts and ice cream.  One of my favorite things to do is put granola on top of the yogurt.  This is my favorite Breakfast right now.  Tillamook has some amazing yogurt!  My favorite is the vanilla bean my husband likes the Oregon Strawberry.  

Giveaway
I am so excited to do this Giveaway!  I love giving away my favorite products.  Tillamook is giving away to 4 My SLC Mommy readers a Tillamook Prize Pack.  It includes
  • 1 Tillamook Cutting Board
  • 1 Amazing Tillamook Cheese slicer (See the top picture above is cuts it just like that! Seiously one amazing cheese slicer.  Can you tell I love it!!)
  • Coupons for cheese, yogurt and ice cream

To Enter:
Leave a comment telling me if you have tried Tillamook?  If so, what is your favorite Tillamook product.  Then fill out the form with your additional entires:

Keep up with the freebies, coupons, discounts, Subscribe Now!

*Please support this site by using the provided links when ordering from your favorite places or printing your coupons. Thank you!

38 comments:

  1. Wow! What a wonderful write up! Really enjoyed it. I can't wait to try it..I've never heard of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Tillamook. I recently tried their ice cream and it was amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just their cheese. Very good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Tillamook medium cheddar cheese

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Tillamook--great ice cream and yogurt, but their medium cheddar cheese is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Tilamook products - especially the cheese which is WAY better than any other brand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy Tillamook. My SIL is from WA and so we have been converted.
    My favorite product is the sharp Cheddar. It has a fantastic tang and melts like a dream. --Ally

    ReplyDelete
  8. never tried it but would love too--looks and sounds yummy :)

    marci h
    tristatecruisers at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love their cheese! I get it hand delivered all the way from SLC!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've tried the cheese and can't wait to try their ice cream!!
    twocuff(at)precisionvarminting(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love their products too! My favorite is their sharp cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We love Tillamook very much.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't tried it, but would love to!

    hannah K on the form

    ReplyDelete
  14. No, I haven't tried it but would like to.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never tried it. cwitherstine at zoominternet dot net

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sure! I love their shredded cheese. I get it at Costco.

    ReplyDelete
  17. really good cheese and yogurt, never even seen the ice cream anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have not tried it but would love to

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have used Tillamook cheese for years and love it! But then I found Tillamook ice cream at Harmon's and I fell in love with all the flavors, especially the Mountin Huckleberry. Yummmmmy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've never had Tillamook but I have heard of it and I love cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  21. No I've never tried Tillamook. But I'd gladly try it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. My favorite brand of cheese and yogurt!
    lesleymitchell52@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I grew up in Washington State where I had Tillamook all the time. After first moving to Utah over eight years ago, I had a hard time finding another cheese I liked! I am SOOO happy Utah stores are starting to carry Tillamook products!

    I think I like their cheese best, but their ice cream and yogurt are close seconds!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love tillamok so much my mom has to bring some when she flies here. It is the best because. It does not crumble when you grade it.
    Jeni

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have only tried the cheese a couple times and I LOVE it!! Yummy yummy stuff I never knew they had yogurt or ice cream

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yes we love there cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love Tillamook Cheese and recently I tried their ice cream and loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I have tried the cheese and yogurt and love both!

    ReplyDelete
  29. yes I lOVE their cheese! thanks for great giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I think we've tried the cheese a long time ago, it was great

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love Tillamook!!!!! I can't live without their sharp cheddar. Thanks for the giveaway jboger05 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  32. We love Tillamook Cheese, our favorite is the Extra Sharp/Aged White Cheddar. It has the most flavor & is grate (see what I did there? Lol) melted in any hot dish or straight out of the fridge (I like to get the huge 2 lb. blocks & pre grate some in a container or baggies or cut them into mini cheese sticks for snacking so they're ready to go). I hope I win, I missed the tour at the zoo due to health problems = (
    Laily Haikal - LailyCouture@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I have never tried Tillamook but would love to! My daughters love cheese! m clearwater 3 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love the White Aged Cheddar Loafs!
    erinnsluka@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. I have never tried Tillamook.

    hugsnlove36 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love cheese! Nom nom nom!

    ReplyDelete

 

All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved